Our Homesteading class is designed for the beginner and intermediate aspiring homesteader, or anyone who'd like to learn about what it takes to grow your own food in a sustainable, 100% non-toxic way. Whether you’re interested in: starting a small garden in your back yard; planting a few fruit trees; preserving the fruits and veggies that you buy or grow; raising chickens for fresh eggs or meat; keeping one or two family cows for milk, cheese, yogurt or beef; or maybe you just want an educational experience; this class will give you a basic and realistic understanding to pursue your interest. Everything discussed in this class is based on our 10+ year experience, tried and true.
WHEN AND WHERE
- Saturday, June 1st, 8 to 4pm
- Shundahai Farm, 253 Maple Rd, Mansfield, CT
- 8-8:30 Welcome and Introductions
- 8:30-10:30 Growing, processing and storing vegetables & fruits
- 10:30-12 Field tour and question period focused on vegetables and fruits
- 12-12:45 Lunch
- 12:45 - 2:45 Raising and processing chickens and cows; hand milking and brief discussion of cheese and yogurt making
- 2:45-4 Field tour and question period focused on animals
COST AND REGISTRATION
- $100 per person; lunch included
- Payable by cash (in person) or check
- To register, please fill the form below and send your payment to: Shundahai Farm, 253 Maple Rd. Mansfield, CT 06268
- Your registration will be confirmed when payment is received.